The role of Khalifa Port is to accommodate Mina Zayed’s traffic, as well as the new cargo generated by KIZAD.
Khalifa Port Container Terminal features the latest technology and has been designed to accommodate the largest ships. With the exception of the EMAL berth, which became operational on November 3rd 2010, KPCT is now Opertional, with the initial capacity to handle 2.5 million TEUs container traffic.
Khalifa Port Container Terminal Location
KPCT is the Emirate of Abu Dhabi’s new logistics hub. As part of the Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD), it is strategically situated between Abu Dhabi and Dubai with excellent hinterland connections via dedicated highway access, near the 4 regional international airport hubs. Khalifa Port will also be the first port in the United Arab Emirates with on-dock rail access when Etihad Rail becomes operational in 2015
Location key Facts
- 60 km from downtown Abu Dhabi
- 85 km from downtown Dubai
- 45 km from JAFZA (Jebel Ali Free Zone), Dubai
- Abu Dhabi International Airport 30 kms
- Dubai Central Al Maktoum Airport 50 kms
- Dubai International Airport 85 kms
- Al Ain International Airport 170 kms
We are part of the overall Khalifa Industrial Zone
- The port is designed to be constructed in five phases over 20 years. The first phase (Stage 1A) of the main Khalifa Port, together with Zone A of the Industrial Zone, is targeted for completion by Q4 2012
- The Industrial Zone is Abu Dhabi emirate’s largest infrastructure project
- It will become one of the world’s biggest industrial zones